Tuesday 25 February 2014

Review: L'oreal Glamshine Stain Splash or Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain

Judging from this post’s title you might think I’m indecisive! However, don’t you think L’oreal makes it a bit confusing for us when they launch a product and give them a different name in Europe and another in the US? Having said that I’ve bought mine from Russia before they launched in Europe and I don’t even want to know what they might call them there! So, a lip gloss product that promises you a 6 hour hydration and a staying power of a stain, huh?

To be honest I’m torn with this product. I bought them because I’ve heard that they are a dupe for the YSL Glossy Stains which I don’t own but I’ve tried several times (you know those moments when you are wandering bare faced at the duty free section of the airport and suddenly you realise that you have a complete face of makeup and smell like three different perfumes!). I like the pigmentation for one. Especially the red one is way too pigmented for a gloss (you can see how vibrant it comes off in the swatches below). I like the glossy finish and the fact that you can control how glossy you want it to be in between applications. For example, if you apply it only once it won’t be as shiny and pigmented as when you wait for it to dry a bit and go again and apply it three times. I like that it feels moisturising at first and makes my lips plumpful. I also enjoy the great staying power; I’ve eaten a whole meal wearing this and the colour was still there! The applicator is also very convenient, it gives you precision upon application with its unique shape.



However, I do not like the fact that it gets rubbery on my lips after a while. And by that I mean that it feels like I’ve put a silicone product on my lips which has dried up and makes it difficult to smile! Also, they are sticky, very sticky and that’s the one and only reason that I don’t wear glosses. I hate it when my hair sticks on my lips, I move it and then I need to correct my face makeup because the gloss has transferred everywhere! Another thing is that it doesn’t wear off evenly. As normal, the glossy finish wears off pretty quickly and then you are left with a gorgeous stain. Well, NOT! You will notice that the stain is gone completely from the sides of your lips and it is still vibrant in the centre. And it looks weird!



I can’t decide whether I like it or not, really! I have got a good amount of compliments when wearing the red one on nights out and I think I will continue to trust it because it gets me through the night; I might need to be aware of the touch ups though. However, I don’t think I will be purchasing another shade just because I think they are overpriced for a drugstore lip gloss (you can get it for 7.59£ here) and the fact that my lips may look weird after 2-3 hours frightens me a bit!


Have you tried this product? What did you think? Leave a comment below to let me know!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a Kaolin Clay Mask by Michael Todd True Organics!



Georgina x x x

2 comments: