Thursday 20 February 2014

My favourite BB Cream

Today I’m presenting you my favourite BB cream of all times! After all my research and all the fails of drugstore brands, launching tinted moisturisers as BB creams with no actual skincare benefits, I’ve found the one!



Of course it’s by a Korean brand, since they are famous for incorporating skincare into makeup and it’s the Lioele Beyond the Solution BB cream.  BB cream either stands for Blemish Balm or Beauty Balm and were first developed in Germany by dermatologists for protection as well as coverage after skincare laser treatments. What can you expect from a BB cream? First of all, hydration, SPF protection, evening your complexion out whereas some of them provide even medium coverage. Some of them also claim to have skincare benefits like anti-aging. You can’t expect to get a miracle in a tube, can you?






This BB cream is a perfect match for my oily/combination skin. It comes in only one shade that matches all, although I don’t think that it will really match darker skin tones. It comes in a cute packaging with a convenient pump which squirts out the perfect amount of product for your whole face. In my opinion, this one provides you with medium to full coverage and it covers up blemishes and acne scars perfectly; that perfectly that I usually don’t feel the need to go over it with a concealer. It’s a little bit sticky at first, due to the SPF 50 it has in it, but it doesn’t feel that heavy on your skin (you know, like these foundations that after 2 hours you can’t stand anymore and feel like you need to strip you face off?). You definitely need to set that one with a powder though because the finish is far from matte. That doesn’t bother me at all because I would set it anyways to lock the look for more hours. I don’t use a primer before applying it and it fills my pores really well while looking very natural. As you can see in the pictures, where I decided to scare you with my bare morning face, I have a lot of acne scaring, hyperpigmantation and very enlarged pores. Generally my skin is my main concern! I applied the BB cream with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush because I feel that it gives you a more even result. I only used one pump to cover my whole face. As you can see in the after photo, where while waiting for the BB cream to set I put on some mascara and filled in my brows, it has covered most of the acne scaring and the hyperpigmantation! I'm wearing no concealer of course, not even on the under eye area, and I haven't set it with powder so that you can see the natural finish it gives. 
I don’t really know about the skincare benefits but in the ingredients list I spotted licorice root acid derivatives, allantoin, jojoba, macadamia nut oil and hyaluronic acid which smooth and moisturise the skin. For me, since I feel my skin hydrated, even without applying a moisturiser before hand, AND it doesn’t break me out, it’s perfect!
This BB cream has shortened my skincare routine a bit and I trust to wear it throughout a long day in the office because I know it won’t break on my skin. This is my second tube and I’ve been using it almost everyday for the past year and a half I think. It comes in a 50ml tube for only 13.90$ plus free shippingIt sounds like a bargain to me! You can also try it before you buy the full sized product by ordering 10 sachets, which give you about 2 applications each, for 4.50$. 

What is your favourite BB cream? Have you tried any other Korean ones?

Georgina x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment