Tuesday 4 February 2014

Favourites January 2014

I can’t believe the first month of 2014 is already gone! At the moment that I’m writing this post I got the news that my niece was born, so excuse the fact that I might not be making any sense throughout!!! So we got through the most depressing month of the year according to scientists. They say it is because of the post-holiday season and all the resolutions that we make that we feel very stressed and depressed this month. But we got through it alright, didn’t we? Let’s dig in what products I’ve been loving this month then!



Makeup wise I haven’t been wearing much. My skin broke out like crazy (like this never happens!) so I’ve been loving a medium coverage foundation like the Catrice All Matt Plus Shine Control Foundation. This is a brilliant product. The coverage is not phenomenal but it is definitely buildable. It didn’t break up on my face and the mattifying effect it gives lasted almost a whole night out! 


On the days that I didn’t need that much coverage I was only using the Maybelline Instant Anti-Age The Eye Eraser (feelunique.com used to stock it but for some reason I can't find it anywhere right now, keep your eyes peeled though, they might bring it back fingers crossed!), which is wonderful for the under eye area. It counteracts dark circles and is really creamy and blendable. I did use it on pimples as well, because I like the fact that it feels lightweight and it did the job wonderfully. I think this is a holy grail product…! And you all know how much I love my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer…! 


Also, I finally caved in and bought the MAC Omega eyeshadow for my eyebrows; actually my fiancé got it for me for Christmas but it was on my list so it’s kind of the same thing! It is an exact match for my eyebrows, the pigmentation is great and I use it on my crease as well, on the days that I can’t be bothered with eyeshadow, to deepen it a little bit. I’ve also been using the Essence Quatro Eyeshadow in To Die For which has 4 wonderful neutrals, 3 of them are shimmery and the chocolate brown one is matte. I’ve been mostly using the matte on my crease and the light champagne one in the inner corners of my eyes. Great value for money this one; the pigmentation is amazing.  Also, the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Khol Kajal eyeliner pencil (that was a mouthfull!) in Nude has saved my life this month. I have it for almost 3 months now but I don’t think it has been getting the love it deserves. It instantly brightens my eyes and I look more awake and like I had much sleep, which never happens really! 


For lips, I have been using the Rimmel London Kate Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in 107 Wine every single night out. I love this deep burgundy colour and how it makes my teeth look extra white!
A great skincare find this month was the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque which is a green clay masque that does something magical to your skin! It helps in drying out active pimples, it shrinks enlarged pores and you feel your face fresh and purified afterwards. I even use it on pimples before I go to sleep and they are almost gone in the morning! I have also noticed that it whitens my acne scarring and generally helps a lot with hyperpigmentation.


On my nails I haven’t been using much this month. They were always breaking on me and I didn’t feel like putting nail polish on them. I did use the Essence Special Effect Topper on its own or over a taupe nail polish and it looked amazing! I love the fact that it has both glitter and multi-coloured confetti in it that makes your nails sparkle!


Last favourites for the month are two products that I’ve been using together. I wanted to get my beloved Vanilla Bliss from The Body Shop but as I was wandering in the Hondos Center aisles I spotted the Beauty Formulas Vanilla Sugar Body Butter on offer with another body body butter from the line for 6€ for both. I’m very glad I gave it a try because I find it a great alternative to The Body Shop one. It’s not the exact same consistency, this one is a little more thick and oily and doesn't get absorbed that fast, but it’s really moisturising and I like the scent a lot. It doesn’t linger for long but it’s that sweet vanilla scent that I love. And pairing it with the Victoria Secret Vanilla Lace Body Mist you are going to smell like a cookie! I really adore this scent, it makes me smile every time I spritz it on my body and it’s very long lasting as well.


These were my favourites for the first month of 2014. I hope you liked them! Let me know in the comment section below what your favourites were and whether you have tried any of the ones mentioned! Lots of love until next time!

Georgina x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment