Thursday 23 January 2014

Review: Avon Glimmerstick Brow Definer

I have never been a huge fan of Avon; I have tried quite a few products and I was never massively disappointed in any way. However, I believe that for the quality you can find cheaper alternatives out there and you could be able to swatch as well before you buy it!



The Glimmerstick Brow Definer is a decent brow pencil. It doesn’t need any sharpening as it is a retractable one; you simply twist the bottom. However, that is packaging details since I find that there are two things that might fail me in a brow pencil, the consistency and the colour. The consistency of this one is pretty waxy but not too much. It is not hard to use as to not get any colour pay off or really waxy so that it will melt even if you are using feathery strokes. It is very manageable and easy upon application. The tip is very thin so you can get precision and since it doesn’t need a sharpener you avoid accidents like over sharpening and being left with the tip of the pencil into the sharpener (please tell me that it’s not only me…). 


Now the colour I got is ‘blonde’ and it suits me perfectly I might say. It’s pretty ashy and not red or yellowish at all and it does really define my brows without looking off.
Verdict? I would definitely try to find a cheaper alternative (it originally costs 10,90 but is now on offer for 7,95), just because that’s the way I am, but yes I would repurchase it. I have tried several eyebrow pencils and this one I think ticks all my boxes!

Have you tried it? Any thoughts on it?

Georgina x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment