Friday 29 November 2013

Review: Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash

Time for another review you guys! This time for my beloved MUFE mascara! I’ve kind of given away my feelings about it from the very beginning, haven’t I? Keep reading to find out if this mascara suits your needs.




Make Up For Ever says:
Aqua Smoky Lash enhances lashes, for exceptional volume, infinite length and ultimate curl. This waterproof mascara provides a long-lasting hold. Its extra-black formula is rich in ultra-fine mineral pigments to create the perfect smoky look: black lashes and smoldering eyes. Its new generation brush has ultra-wide, high-density, elastomeric fibers that hold a maximum of mascara, instantly guaranteeing spectacular volume from base to tip. Ophtalmologically tested. Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lems wearers. 

First of all the packaging is nothing special for a high end mascara; just a normal tube. The brush is a pretty unique one though. It is kind of spiral and all the bristles look interweaved. I find that this kind of brush gives loads of volume and length to my lashes (coming from somebody that their lashes are not even noticeable without mascara). In terms of separation it is not great, because of the brush I think it has the opposite effect; It doesn't promise to do so anyway.

One thing that I don’t like about it is that it clumps easily and it is kind of wet at first. On the first application I found it rather watery and I couldn’t work with it. When it dried up a bit it became a lot more manageable and I find that one coat suffices to make a statement. That’s how I avoid clumps! Also, it doesn't dry up to the point that you can't use it anymore quickly. I’ve had it for more than the recommended 6 months and it still going wonderfully.



I personally have the waterproof formula and this one really holds the curl as you can see in the pictures (and let's all ignore the fact that I managed to mess it up on my lid, shall we?). My lashes don’t feel very pleasant to the touch because they are rock hard but the effect is awesome. It doesn’t smudge or flake but it is a pain in the butt to remove. I have even tried the brand’s own makeup remover with no luck. I ended up rubbing and rubbing and although that one is a milky consistency it felt kind of drying.



The only thing I managed to remove it with is the L’oreal Eye Make Up Remover for Waterproof Makeup; I tried L'oreal's oil as well but it wasn’t a success. I finish it up with coconut oil and I’m done.

I would definitely recommend this mascara to anyone although it is on the pricey side. It costs almost 26€ I think but I got it on Sephora’s sale with 35% discount. I am yet to try the non waterproof version though, which I have already purchased but haven’t opened yet to prevent it from drying up.

What about you? Have you liked this mascara? Are your thoughts similar to mine?


Georgina x x x

2 comments: