Friday 22 November 2013

Haircare Empties

After the skincare come the haircare empties. I think this pile made it definite for me that I won’t be sticking with a specific brand in the future. Keep reading to find out which products are worth your €€€ and which are not!

Syoss Silicone free Repair & Fullness Shampoo
To be completely honest I used to be in love with Syoss products (that’s why you will see so many of them here, I stocked up while they were on offer) but I don’t think it’s the same quality anymore. This shampoo didn’t tick my boxes. I like the ‘silicon free’ idea but I think lacking that made it not to lather very well. Also, I didin’t notice any fullness or repair on my hair. On the contrary I felt it made it dry while in the shower and I had to apply too much conditioner or mask to get the moisture back in it. It’s a pity because other than previously loving them I have stocked up with so many shampoos which I believe my fiance will also refuse to use!

Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Shampoo with liquid Keratin
 This is actually my fiancé’s favourite but I started using it after the Syoss disappointment! I love this one. First of all the smell is divine, I feel it’s kind of relaxing exactly what I need to wind off at the end of the day. It lathers really well and it makes my hair smooth and silky. I have pretty tangly hair and this one manages to smooth them enough so that I don’t face such a big problem when trying to detangle it. I have already repurchased that one.

I did go through a period that I noticed that my hair loss was significantly higher and among other lotion and vitamins I was prescribed this shampoo. This one also made my hair dry at the ends and I needed almost half the bottle to make it lather a little bit. I have quite long hair and I don’t think this one met my needs. I did see an improvement at my problem but I do not really think that the shampoo made the difference, it was more the lotion and the vitamins that got it together for me. It’s a product that you can only find at your local chemists’ or at an online pharmacy and for the price and the fact that it lasted me 2 weeks I wouldn’t repurchase.

Syoss Substance & Strength Conditioner and Shine Boost Conditioner
Let’s get something out of the way first; I am not one of those people that believe that a conditioner can strengthen or add texture to your hair or boost their shine. At least not a drugstore one! The Syoss range once again was pretty disappointing since it wouldn’t even do what a standard conditioner is supposed to do, moisturize the hair! I felt my hair tips really dry after washing them although I was using way too much product. No repurchase for the brand in general I believe.

Schwarzkopf Gliss Liquid Silk Gloss Wonder-Serum Spray
This one is an ancient purchase and I believe it has been discontinued or they might have changed the packaging because it seems to be absent from any drugstore I visit. I used this one as a leave in conditioner and enjoyed it a lot. It did moisturize the hair without any residue of greasiness. It had a good spray valve although it was more creamier than liquidy. I will repurchase if I happen to find it anywhere.

Aussie Take the Heat Leave-in Spray
I used to use this on the days that I would blowdry or use heat tools on my hair. I really loved the smell of this and how my hair would feel after spraying it on. This was more on the liquidy side with a great pray valve as well that helped you get the product everywhere effortlessly. I don’t really know if it protected my hair from heat successfully because this is something you never really know about a heat protectant! You just put it on in precaution don’t you? The only reason I haven’t repurchased it is that it is on the pricey side for a drugstore product.
Have you tried any of these? Feel free to leave me recommendations in the comments below. I always like to chat about haircare!

Georgina  x x x

2 comments:

  1. tis aussie sou varaine to malli katholou;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katholou ki exw kai poly lepta kai lipara mallia genika. Einai poly kali epilogi.

      Delete