Monday 16 December 2013

Review: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

This is a product that has got so much hype around it that another review almost seems redundant. However, I felt the need to write my own just because it is a holy grail product for me.


First of all, the packaging is kind of cheap; a tube with a wand and a doe foot applicator at the end. As you will have noticed from the variety of bloggers/youtubers, the writing on it wears off really quickly, that’s why I’ve taken photos of a brand new one to show you! The applicator troubles me somewhat because I suffer from acne and I don’t like to transfer the bacteria from my face back into the tube. I put the product on the back of my hand first and then work with it from there, but I find that it is kind of a waste of product.


As far as I know, the colour selection is not very big and it only favours the pale skin tones. I am in shade ‘Fair’ and it is a very good match to my complexion. It blends in seamlessly and I usually use my index hand or the Real Techniques Contour brush for that.


The consistency is very thick and creamy which means that a tiny little bit goes a very long way. It is medium to heavy coverage and it is great for covering blemishes as it makes the redness disappear. However, I don’t find it ideal for the under eye area just because it is so thick and I find that it sets on the fine lines and doesn’t look very flattering.

It claims that it will last you for 16 hours. Well, I don’t usually get along with those big statements that companies like to make but I tend to wear it to work and haven’t experienced any problems with it wearing off dramatically.

Overall, I think this is an amazing concealer especially for its price. Now, you will read everywhere that it’s not available anywhere in Europe but the UK, and reading reviews about it is rubbing salt to the wound if you are not a UK resident  and can’t pay a quick visit to Boots or Superdrug. However, Amazon has created a service called ‘Add-on’ items. I don’t really know what this stands for and what it really means in theory, but in real life it means that you put items with the indication ‘add-on’ worth at least 10£ in your basket  and Amazon can ship it to your country, if you are within the EU. So you can actually get your hands on this concealer for 3,98£ (currently 4,77€ which is even cheaper than the price in Boots which sells it for 4,19£), and especially if you leave in Greece, with 5,53£ shipping and handling you can stock up!

Have you ever tried that concealer? Did you know about the Amazon deal or did you have someone bring it all the way from the UK with you?


georgina x x x

6 comments:

  1. I have never tried that brand before! It looks really nice!

    xx
    FashionEvELand | FEEL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any other products from the brand because unfortunately it's not available in Greece. However, this particular one is a godsend!

      Delete
  2. το εχω κι εγω στην ιδια αποχρωση!το χρησιμοποιω και για να με φωτιζει σε καποια σημεια!πολυ καλο!εγω το ειχα ζητησει απο φιλη που ηρθε απο Αγγλια να μου το φερει!καλη η πληροφορια σου!τα κονσιλερ τελειωνουν πιο γρηγορα απο αλλα προιοντα

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ki egw etsi to eixa parei giati den to evriska pouthena online kai eixa parei 3-4 giati agxwnomoun! Apo tote pou to amazon ekane auto to programma omws no worries! :)

      Delete
  3. K ego to exo dokimasei, alla sto Light. Tora thelo k to Fair gia ta matia. Den exo xrisimopoiisei pote Amazon, k den ksero kan pos doulevei. Mporeis na mou to eksigiseis an sou einai efkolo;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To amazon.co.uk leitourgei opws kathe allo ilektroniko katastima me ti diafora oti de dexetai paypal. Gia ta sygkekrimena add-on proionta vrikseis auta pou exoun auti tin endeiksi se ena mple plaisio ta opoia synithws einai mikris aksias, vazeis minimum 10 pounds apo auta sto kalathi sou kai sou ta stelnei me liga metaforika. Elpizw na voithisa! x x x

      Delete