Monday 28 April 2014

Review: Maybelline Color Elixir

The Maybelline Color Elixir is a product that made the earth shake under the feet of the beauty bloggers in the countries it’s already available, like the US and the UK. It is a hybrid product, meaning it offers the pigmentation of a lipstick, the shine of a gloss and the moisture of a lip balm. That’s what it is marketed for at least! Let’s see in detail.




I really feel that this product does almost everything it says. I don’t normally wear glosses because I hate the sticky feeling and the fact that my hair sticks to it; they generally create a mess! I’m also usually going for matte shades but I do always seek the moisture in any lip product. I hate wearing a bold lipstick in winter that will dry my lips out more and make them look even more chapped. Although I didn’t find that they have the pigmentation of a lipstick, at least the shade that I own which is Rose Redifined, I do really like it. It doesn’t feel sticky but rather very comfortable on my lips. It’s also really moisturising. They are not marketed as stains and they will not stain your lips. They last as any normal lipgloss would, until you eat and rub it off. However, you will have no problem reapplying it as you don’t need a mirror and the extra application won’t look streaky. The applicator is really nice as well, it reminds me a bit of the YSL liquid stains' ones. It’s a spade-shaped sponge wand that helps with precision, as you can use the tip to outline your lips.


I believe this product was a revelation to me, since I have way more lipsticks than a girl would need but the lipglosses I own can be counted on one hand. This has reintroduced me to the world of glosses which are not sticky and are very comfortable to wear giving you extra shine and plumping up your smile!

Have you tried any of these?


Georgina x x x

2 comments:

  1. You managed to really load this article up with information that is of real value. I appreciate good writing, and this is really good. I agree with the points you make here. Very nice work. A tincture with more than one base; a compound tincture or medicine, composed of various substances, held in solution by alcoholic some form. This page shows you usage and meanings of elixir definition around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only aspire to write material like this.  I am extremely impressed with your presentation of the sound points in this article. Thank you for writing this engaging content. A tincture with more than one base; a compound tincture ormedicine, composed of various substances, held in solution by alcoholin some form.This page shows you usage and meanings of elixir around the world.

    ReplyDelete